Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Long time no ... well ... write I guess

Yes it has been a couple of weeks hasn't it. I keep checking up on lots of other people's hauls, and overhauls, and stashes... and creativity too.

Life has seemed a little hectic lately - family stuff that needed attention.

I went to another auction, and this time got the contents of a sewing cupboard to bring home - lots of nice materials, and bits and pieces. This has meant a major overhaul of my crafting area. Out of desperation, a lot of "stuff" got packed into big plastic bins, and placed in our storage area downstairs at the units. So my cards, and miniatures, and many dolls, and wool have been stacked up and stored for a while. Just think of all the fun I am going to have when my mood changes, and I want to take up a different hobby! I have rearranged the craft cupboards to store the piles, and piles and more piles of material I have gained over the past month. Many of the clothes I bought at the auction that I didn't want to wear have been prepared for re-purposing, and I have added to my collection of zippers and buttons.

Now it is sewing time. I have been doing some - but the camera needs charging, and the charger is .... well you know what happens. I will take some photos shortly. This is all with the goal of setting up an Etsy / Made-It shop online, and also going to some markets.

In the midst of all of this, I have gone from full-time at work back to part-time - 3 days a week. It seemed the best thing to do in all sorts of circumstances, but there is a definite gap in the finances as a result - hence the sewing ideas.

There are some other ideas on the back burner - I will get them into writing some time soon too - I will be looking for your feed back about them

Cheers - I have to finish the big move around in my crafting area - and make the lounge just a little tidier....

1 comment:

Taphophile said...

Oh my you have been in upheaval. Is this a good time to say I have some books for you?