Saturday, April 5, 2008

Look what I made

It may have taken me all day - and I only managed one at a time, but look what I have made today. At last I have organised my knitting needles and crochet hooks. Yes I know they are too short for the long needles - but I recycled some matching material squares that I bought at the church fete last week - all in matching designs (3 fabric designs in 4 colour ways).

Now I have the needles sorted by size - under 3.75mm, 4 and 5 mm, and larger, as well as another one for my crochet hooks and miniature knitting needles. I don't know if I have found ALL the hooks and needles in my house - maybe I will find some more over the next few weeks/months/years.


Immediately before I went to Emergency, I called into a freecycler's place for some material pieces. She had managed to find my blog, and worked out my crafting obsession/interest. I also got three balls of wool, which I knitted into a beanie at while waiting Emergency (which was immediately snaffled up by my daughter when she visited yesterday - it was cool apparently), and I have started a matching scarf - for my grandson. Now he has no matching hat!!

Also I have received a knitting needle case of needles to include in the bundle, and some beading / jewelry bits and pieces. A real treasure trove really. Thank you Lorelle.

Re my health: I really appreciate the prayer time with our church elders - and this afternoon, perhaps I am feeling a little better - not quite so breathless as I walk around. We shall see how it goes over the next couple of days. It feels good to hold your husband's hand as wonderful friends take time to pray for you. When I come to think of it - I am due to take a tablet, and I usually am incredibly exhausted at this point in the medicine cycle. Hmmm.

Love to all

UPDATE - Saturday 19th April:
I forget to tell you - on Monday I went to see my GP, and was put on Warfarin to keep my blood thing - stop any potential slots forming, dissolve any if they have already formed. I also had an ultrasound for Deep Vein thrombosis because I was experiencing muscle pain in one leg. Anyhow - the upshot was no clot, and because I have been a good girl and wearing my compression stockings, they could easily see the veins (for the first time).

Then on Tuesday morning, I woke up all well again, and ready for work. Sometime on Monday evening, my heart went back into normal sinus rhythm - and everything is OK again. I am so grateful. Since then I have been OK most of the time. A couple of short episodes which passed quickly.

No comments: