Monday, June 16, 2008

Frugalling Finds

This has been a good weekend for me with finds. Sometimes it happens, at other times you don't find much. Better still, I actually took photos of them to show you...

The St Ninian's Book Fair turned up these treasures for $2 each. Some interesting things to do in there.


Then I picked up these books from a free-cycler. 70s crafts, and what memories they bring back. Remember macrame?

Then I picked up these patterns from Aussie Junk in Mitchell. I paid $20 for these and a bedspread (forgot to photograph that one) which will make some interesting bags I suspect.

We went to the Trash and Treasure market in Jamieson, and a lovely young lady was cleaning out her material stash - all for $2. it was a freezing morning, and they were keen just to get rid of what they had, and go home to warm up. A few stretch Tshirting material...

and a number of upholstery fabric samples - make interesting patchwork, or pot holders, or little bags... or something I am sure.
Yes I have been busy making things - I will be having a stall at the Tuggeranong markets on the 29 June if you are interested to come along. These markets will be introducing "The Green Granny" to the world. More later...

1 comment:

Eilleen said...

oooh they are great finds!