Thursday, June 5, 2008

Stitch & Miss

I am so disappointed. I decided I was going to my first Stitch and Bitch tonight in Civic. So I get ready, drive in from Gungahlin, and park my car in the Canberra Centre. As I get out of the car, I think my bag is a bit light - yes there is some knitting, but where is my purse? Not there!

I realised I had driven in without a cent (or a drivers license) on me, and I had taken a ticket in the car park. Fortunately I found out I had about 10 minutes to leave without paying anything for parking - which I promptly did. I wasn't feeling so sure of myself to walk into a bunch of strange women with knitting needle weapons and ask for a loan to pay my parking fee. So it was back home again, to watch Hell's Kitchen.

I am sorry not to meet a group of women I have been wanting to meet for a while... Oh well, next time I guess.

3 comments:

MadMad said...

Oh, no! (Though I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person these things happen to... though I probably only would have realized it AFTER.) Bummer, though!

Sew Bettie said...

What a bummer! Sounds like a move that I would pull. I've gone to school before (taking a free shuttle) only to realize when I go to buy lunch that I am walletless and need bus fare to make my way home...

Nadine said...

Oh, no! That could totally happen to me. (If I had my drivers license :)

But Hell's Kitchen is fun too! And I have never heard another person use the F word as much as Ramsey.